For many residents, the end of winter cannot come soon enough. News 12 the Bronx reported that residents in NYCHA housing in Allerton have gone without heat all winter. One resident said she filed several complaints and can no longer let her grandchildren stay in the apartment because they have gotten sick.
In another apartment on Taylor Avenue near Parkchester, CBS Local reported that a leak caused the ceiling to collapse and led to flooding, forcing the family out. The residents of that apartment also claim that the landlord isn’t doing anything about the problem.
In Fordham, a man was rushed to the hospital after suffering a heart attack, according to both abc7NY and WNBC. It was unclear if the carbon monoxide leak that occurred was the cause, but two EMTs who responded to the call are being treated for CO exposure. They entered the building without knowledge of the leak.